My body is yelling at my for going off schedule and not taking a rest day yesterday. Quads and hamstrings are sore. In for the 9am class at CFi.
- Crossover Symmetry Activation
- Various shoulder stretching
- Shoulder Presses
- 5-5-5-5-5-5 Shoulder Press (132.5#)
- 2-1-2-1-2-1 Explosive Movement
- 2s: Burpee Broad Jump
- 1s: Broad Jump to Height
Final rep on the last 2 sets of shoulder presses was a fight, so I’m glad I added the 2.5#. Turned out perfectly.
- 1:00 AMRAP
- 5 Burpees
- 10 Wall Balls
- 30s Rest
* Continue each 1:00 AMRAP where you left off.
After 2 AMRAPs I had exactly 3 rounds and nearly kept up that same pace. Finished with 11 rounds plus 5 burpees and 1 wall ball, so was only 9 reps shy of getting 3 rounds every 2 AMRAPs.
- 25m High Prowler Sprint (90# + 45#)
- 25m Low Prowler Sprint (90# + 45#)
- Rest until 2 other people cycle through
Those low pushes really burn the legs. Good finish to the workout. Been far too long since touching a prowler.
My legs were telling me no, but I wanted to get in some OLY work so headed back to CFi for an afternoon session since tomorrow is going to be a golfing day.
Worked with Alex, so it was kilo plates and ends up being more volume on the way up than I was planning. My goal was 5 singles with 235#, so made it about 238# in the conversion. Made every lift, which is huge for how rough my legs feel. Getting so much more comfortable with the heavy cleans.
Trying to work on speed under the bar and footwork. Felt ok, but shoulders are pretty wiped out from the last couple of days so didn’t push it far or heavy. I held a bunch of the 2nd reps overhead for an extra 5 seconds to work on stability.
5 Rounds NFT
- 10 GHD Sit-ups (10# bumper on chest)
- 10 Back Extensions (10# bumper behind head)