I’ve been sleeping so good lately. Headed out at 7am simple for the sake of keeping the #RunEveryDayJune streak going. Went 1.1 miles in 11:37.
First Great Lakes Bay Regional Throwdown of the year started at 9am. Held at Next Level Fitness this time.
- Row for distance
- AMRAP DU
* One person at each thing at a time. Switch out any way you want.
I was on row duty first to get us off to a good start. Went for about 2:30 with 800 meters, got some rest and then jumped in on the dubs. We totaled 721 DU for 4th and 2,267 meters for 8th.
- Max snatch and C&J for men and women
* One person from each gender does one of the two lifts. Each team has 2 bars.
All 4 of us hit PRs! After 205# being a little shaky to stand up with due to whatever is causing my OHS issue, I fucked the shit out of the bar with 215# and actually power snatched it! That’s 20# more than I’ve ever even attempted to power snatch and a 5# snatch PR. We totaled 740# for 6th place.
- 1:00 AMRAP Muscle-ups (x3 points) – Member A
- 1:00 AMRAP Wall Balls (20/14#, 10/9′) – Member B
- 8:00 AMRAP
- 15 Pull-ups
- 15 Power cleans (115/80#)
- 15 HSPU
- 15 Front Squats (115/80#)
- 1:00 AMRAP Pistols – Member C
- 1:00 AMRAP Hand Release Burpee Box Overs (24/20″) – Member D
* Each team member does a 1:00 AMRAP of something and everyone shares the work of the 8:00 AMRAP.
Muscle-ups for me. Nice to get my part out of the way first thing. I went 4-3-3-2 for 12. Same as I got in practice. Their rings were like fucking sand paper! We had 381 “points” with the MU being tripled, which was 8th in the event. I didn’t do any pull-ups and HSPU were much harder than in practice.
When I watched this video I cringed at my lockouts as the minute progressed. Then I went frame-by-frame in Quicktime and I actually hit lockout in every rep, even the final one. Just hard to catch at speed and with my weird double-jointed elbows. I need to work on making the lockouts better though and keep my damn feet and legs together for more power.
Not too long after the event I was blacking out and my hands were all tingly for quite some time. Lucky I had some medical professionals on our teams to help me out and carb me up. Recovered for the final though.
- Deadlifts – Men (205#)
- Thrusters – Women (55#)
- Thrusters – Men (75#)
- Deadlifts – Women (145#)
* EMOM 4 synchronized burpees. One person working at a time. The men do 25 deadlifts (split up any way), then the women do 25 thrusters, then 15s and 10s, before changing weights and swapping movements.
I did the 25 and 10 deadlifts, then the 15 thrusters and the final 4 thrusters after Bryan got interrupted by burpees. The burpees were just an annoying forced break. They were easy. We finished in 6:53, which was 6th place.
The points were so close that we actually dropped from 5th to 7th out of 22 teams after that! Only 7 points out of 4th place though. It was by far the most fun GLBRT I’ve participated in.
Here are the final results with a link to the spreadsheet I whipped up since they didn’t do any sorting of the data. If nothing else, we were consistent. Just needed a higher finisher in one of the full point workouts.