Feeling some fatigue from yesterday’s WOD. In at 10am for gymnastics work.
Skill WOD Hustle & Flow Week 2 Day 1
- 5 Bar taps – tight
- 5 Bar taps – dynamic
- 7 V-ups
- 10 Pass-thrus
- 7 GHD Heel Drives
- 10 Bridge Rocks
- 3 sets: 3 Scap Elevators + 3 Strict Pull-ups
- 1 set: 1+1
- 5 Butterfly Box Drill Circular Rotations
- 1 Stop Strict Pull-up + 3 Pull-ups (butterfly drill)
- 5 C2B Pull-ups
- 3 Pull-ups + 3 C2B + 3 Pull-ups + 3 C2B
- 2:00 Rest
- 2 sets
- 70% MAX C2B
- 90s Rest
Did sets of 14 C2B last week, so increased to 15s this week. Got both sets.
- 15s Underhand grip chin hang
- 8 Supinated Bar Rows
Learned that we don’t have to do the bar rows with a supinated grip. Just refers to the body position. Much better.
- Set 1: 2 Strict Pull-ups + 2 Strict C2B + 3 K2E + 3 T2B + 3 Bar MU
- Set 2: 2+2+3+3, drop then 3
- Set 3: 2+2+3+3, drop then 2
Ripped both hands. 😦 My left hand ripped under the pinky and my right hand actually ripped under my leather grips! I need to figure out something to work on these bar muscle-ups smarter because this is not working for me. Ripping is an injury and I usually pride myself on doing as much as I can to prevent rips.
Wanted to get in some squats so a quick garage session after 5.
Safety Squat Bar w/ 3 second pauses
Wore lifting shoes but no belt at all so I could get a lot of time under tension for my low back. Felt good about my drive out of the hole and no mini bounce to get going. Just 3 months ago a triple with 295 and a belt but no pause was a struggle.