Active Life – Hips
- 1:00/1:00 Banded Posterior Ankle Distraction
- 20 Lateral Banded Step Overs
- 8 Paused Squat Press Outs (25#)
- 5 Jump Squats (singles)
Workout – 6 Sets (3 each arm)
- 10 Single Arm KB Squat (53#)
- 80m Single Arm Farmer Carry (53#)
- 30s Rest
- 1:00 Bar-facing Burpees
- 1:00 Rest
Next year I will not suck so bad at these during the Open. Might as well start improving now. I quickly figured out that if I jumped my feet up between my hands, instead of keeping them wide, I would get closer to the bar and go straight into the jump over the bar. It wasn’t a short jump, but I wasn’t wasting time with a bunch of steps. I was able to get 16 reps every round. I could have gotten 17 in the 3rd set and I had some seconds to spare in the other rounds, but not enough to complete a full rep. Really happy with the effort on one of my least favorite movements.
Active Life – Back Max
12:00 For Quality
- 8/8 Bottoms up KB Press (26#)
- 8/8 Half Kneeling Halos (26#, around and back)
- 8/8 Suitcase Deadlift (71#)
- 8/8 DB Push Press (50#)
Something like this turns into a good little conditioning piece as well. Did 3 rounds. My left arm almost gave out in the last round.
- 50 Sit-ups
- 100 Flutter Kicks
- 50 Leg Raises
- 100 Bicycles
Got nasty after going unbroken on the first 2 moves. Finished in 5:35.